Power Yoga Canada Teaching Academy
PYC Teacher Training: 200 Hour
Participating in the PYC Teacher Training will quite simply change your life. Through excavating practices, group processes and self inquiry, you will reveal your authentic, powerful self. The intensive nature of the training is designed specifically to take you out of what you already know and create space for possibilities into the realm of the unknown. This training is practical and the results are immediate as the process is completely based in the present moment. Through hours of practice teaching, and hands on assisting the practical skills you will acquire are immediately applicable and you will leave the training ready to teach! The intimate group of teachers and the personal apprenticeship with Kinndli will hold for a unique experience in learning not just how to be a powerful yoga teacher, but in learning how to be an authentic and powerful human.
You will leave this training with a solid understanding of how to teach a Power Vinyasa Yoga class. You will find inner strength and self empowerment to take life on with full confidence and power. You will have the skills to really see your students and the understanding to guide them into deeper exploration in body, mind and spirit. YOU WILL SHINE!
Yoga Alliance Requirements:
Program Curriculum – 200 hour level:
Techniques (asana & assisting) – 100 hours
Teaching Methodology (practice teaching) – 25 hours
Anatomy and Physiology – 20 hours
Philosophy /Ehtics/Lifestyle – 30 hours
Practicum (teaching & assisting live classes) – 10 hours
Transformational – 10 hours
Homework and Exams – 5 hours
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power vinyasa yoga class
- Learn to unlock your hidden potential as a teacher and as a human
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology
- Learn how to listen from your intuition and teach from the heart
- Learn the breakdown, alignment, modifications and sequencing of postures
- Learn how to assist, evaluate bodies physically, emotionally and prevent injuries.
- Learn ujayii and pranayama breathing techniques
- Learn yoga’s roots and compare/contrast Eastern and Western practices
- Learn the lifestyles and ethics for yoga teachers
- Learn effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels
- Learn how to teach to different populations
- Learn the business of yoga
About the Director:
Kinndli McCollum is Canada’s only Certified Master Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher. She has trained personally with Baron Baptiste for over 5 years on over 40 programs, and travels internationally teaching and assisting Baptiste Teacher Training’s. Kinndli is tapped into the art of teaching with ease and joy. She embodies the methods and techniques that are taught in the Baptiste method of training and adds her experiences and expression of those powerful teaching tools to the program.